Denman & Davis / Clifton
2 September 2010
For Immediate Release
BIRMINGHAM, AL — Ever since Denman & Davis, the Northeast’s largest independentfull-line metals service center, was acquired by O’Neal Steel, Inc. late last year, the process ofconverting D&D’s operations has been in the works. Within the next few days, the most visiblesign of change at the Clifton location will occur, as an O’Neal sign will replace the Denman & Davis marker on the building at #1 Broad Street. The company, which was founded in 1888, has operated at that location since 1956, when it moved there from North Bergen. Other D&D facilities are in Albany, NY and North Smithfield, RI.
While the company does indeed have a new identity, O’Neal Chairman Craft O’Neal stressed that the conversion should be virtually seamless as far as customers are concerned. “We purchased Denman & Davis, in large part, because of the company’s long-standing dedication to quality products and service, so we’re not about to change that,” he said. “We’re simply getting everyone on the same operating system to take full advantage of things like our nation-wide network of facilities, shared capabilities, and consolidated purchasing.” The full conversion is expected to be complete in October.
O’Neal Steel, Inc., founded in 1921, is the nation’s largest family-owned metals service center with sales of approximately $1.7 billion in 2009. The company’s Industrial Metals Group (IMG) and High-Performance Metals Group (HPMG) consist of nine leading brands working cooperatively to provide added value to customers in diverse markets throughout the world. O’Neal is headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama and has more than 80 locations in North America, Europe, and Asia.
For more information, contact Shirley Fagan at 205-599-8272 or firstname.lastname@example.org